Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I haven't blogged since when?????

No way!!!!  It is not possible that it has been three months since I last posted on here....
 
 
Well, for those of you that thought I had fallen off the face of the earth - it ain't so.  My mind may have, but I have been here all along.
 
 
So... being 10 minutes past my bedtime I'll do the super-duper coles notes (x18 = cliff notes) on the last 92 days.


Had a beautiful day for Jonathan's Journey's Second Annual Carwash and netted a nice take for JDRF

Walk day was awesome.  Sunny, not too hot, great turn out and best walk day total in local JDRF history.

Jonathan's A1c at his July check-up was down to 7.7% (clinic's target for his age is 8.0%)

The mentor program is off the ground and the outreach group is retooling for a September relaunch.

I finished tonight my first draft for the school policies talk at the Back To School event on the 31st.



Ok, I'll admit it.  I got in a real funk in the spring.  I don't know exactly why, but it was almost worse the the months post-Dx.  Whatever the cause though, the fog seems to have lifted somewhat.  Almost 2 years under our belts and some new changes coming up, maybe I cleared that hump.  Who knows.  Anyhoo, things are pretty good and for the most part really routine.  In the case of T1D though... I'll take boring any day!!!

4 comments:

  1. I can relate, the fog lifting, now the fog is back for me, since our second child being diagnosed. Keep blogging, look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was out of the blogging loop for a month over the summer. So I missed this when you first posted it, but I'm happy to hear from you again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great support for the JDRF! Can't wait to see your next post.

    I was wondering if you would you be interested in sharing your articles with other like- minded individuals to educate, inform and converse with those living with Diabetes.

    We are building an online community containing links to informative articles about the issues around Diabetes.

    If you are interested and want to learn more about this, please send an email to info@atomicreach.com

    Thanks,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete